| 5.1 Thermal Transmission Apparatus (THT 01)|
Thermal transmittance or U value in term of watt/m^2 degree K of tested specimen e.g. brick at a certain thickness is determined by temperature gradient along heat transferring path. Hot air at high temperature chamber acts as heat source for this purpose, meanwhile controlled temperature air in lower temperature chamber ( heat gained chamber ) will be used for maintain steady state of heat flow. These chambers (heat source and heat gained chamber) are insulated and are separated by tested specimen.
|Experimental Capability :|
Determine overall coefficient of heat transfer under steady state.
This machine is suitable for classroom demonstration as well as research work for building technology such as study of heat transferring thru walls and roofs. Heat conductivity coefficient of single specimen such as concrete at various compositions and woods are possible to be investigated by this equipment.
Power Supply :
- 1 set of two insulated chamber, separated by test specimen.
- 1 set of heating element, input power can be adjustable.
- 1 set of test specimen.
- 1 set of air agitator in heating chamber, constant speed.
- 1 set of digital temperature indicator and controller of ambient temperature to 60 degree Celsius, supplied with temperature selecting switch. Temperature controlling can be done within +/- 0.1 degree C.
- 7 temperature sensing probe, type K thermocouples.
- 1 set of temperature controller at low temperature chamber (heating gained side chamber),thermostat type.
- 1 set of air cooling unit at heat gained side chamber using chilled water as cooling media.
- All equipment and accessory are supported by stainless steel trolley with four breakable wheels.
220 VAC 50 Hz., 1 phase.
width x height x length 0.6 x 1.4 x 1.2 m^3 (approx.)
70 kgs. (approx.).
Shipping Specification :
1.3 m^3, 100 kgs. (gross weight ) approx.
- PT 100 sensing probe.
- Temperature controller for PT 100 probe.
- Specimen upon request.
BACK TO MENU