|5.4 Concentric Tube Heat Exchanger (CTH 01)|
|Standard features :|
Determine heat transfer coefficient of specimen under steady state for both linear & radial conduction.
- Self contained unit.
- U- shape concentric tube arrangement.
- temperature measurement devices are located in each of hot and cold lines.
- Flow regulators are incorporated in both stream.
- Valve arrangement allows changeover between co - and counter current configulations.
|Experiment Capabilities :|
- Determination of energy balance.
- Study of temperature profiles in co - and counter - current flow.
- Log mean temperature difference.
- Measurement of heat transfer coefficient.
|Power Supply :|
220 VAC 50 Hz., 1 phase.
width x height x length 0.5 x 0.8 x 1 m^3 (approx.)
30 kgs. (approx.).
Technical Specifications :
Heat Exchanger :
Temperature Measurement : 6 points, accuracy more-or-less 1 degree Celsius , digital display
- Copper tube 14 mm. OD x 0.7 mm. wall thickness (approx.)
- Effective length 1.5 m.
- Effective area 0.06 sq.mm. (approx.)
- Maximum working pressure 10 bargauge.
- Maximum working temperature 60 degree Celsius.
Water Heater : 2 kw. Immersion type
Water Cooler : R 22 refrigerating circuit, air cool type.
Flow Meter : 0.2 - 3 LPM and 0.5 - 5 LPM
Pump : Centrifugal type, adjustable speed
| BACK TO MENU