|5.6 Water Cooling Tower (CT 01)|
The apparatus is bench mounted arrangement of energy sources, fitters and absorbers together with appropriate measuring instruments, which can be mounted in a graduated linear track. The track consists of two parallel horizontal rails supported on steel structured frame with adjustable level legs.
|Standard features :|
- Self - contained unit.
- Counter current unit.
- Direct contact cooling.
- Structural components are made from clear acrylic sheets.
|Experiment Capabilities :|
- Teaches basic principle of cooling tower operation such as water flow pattern , mass balance of water and air and pressure drop across packing.
- Investigation of tower performance at a range of cooling loads and inlet temperatures.
|Technical Specifications :|
- Water pump 0.5 hp , centrifugal type.
- Maximum working temperature : 50 degree C
- Centrifugal blower ,maximum air flow 18 cu. m/min , adjustable speed.
- Variable area , flow meter for water side 0.5 - 3 lpm. With control valve.
- 2 set of glass thermometers 0 - 100 degree C
- 1 set of inclined tube manometer read air flow rate directly to lpm. @ 27 degree C
- 1 set of inclined manometer , 0 - 40 mmH20 to measure packing resistance.
- 1 set of wet and dry bulb air thermometer.
- 1 set of water heater , adjustable watts.
|Power Supply :|
220 VAC 50 Hz., 1 phase.
width x height x length 0.4 x 1.2 x 0.7 m^3 (approx.)
40 kgs. (approx.).
|Shipping Specification :|
0.63 m^3, 80 kgs. (gross weight ) approx.
| BACK TO MENU